KDE apps not using system printer settings

Michael Weghorn m.weghorn at posteo.de
Wed Mar 28 18:49:37 BST 2018

Quite a lot of improvement has been done on the Qt print dialog in the
last time, so I  just retested with Qt's current development version.
The problem is fixed there, I can no longer reproduce the issue with it.

Since most of the improvements already made it into Qt 5.11, the problem
will probably be gone as soon as that version makes it into your
distribution.
(Some of the latest improvements will only make it to Qt 5.12.)

On 2018-03-28 16:33, Stephen Dowdy wrote:
> I wonder if CUPS (if it is involved in this process), is doing a live query of the printer via IPP (or other) and the printer itself is configured to default to A4 paper?

The IPP attributes returned to CUPS by the printer are used to
auto-generate a PPD file for the case where the printer has been set up
as an "IPP Everywhere" printer, i.e. without explicitly setting a PPD
file (can be done by using the '-m everyhwere' option when setting up
the printer via 'lpadmin'.

However, this should not play a role here. System or user default
settings are supposed to override other default values.

Regards,
  Michael