Mounting storage media via plasma applet: no permission

Frank Steinmetzger Warp_7 at gmx.de
Sun Jul 24 23:51:43 BST 2016

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 12:00:29AM +0200, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:

> > I have a teensy weensy problem with mounting removable storage media.
> > In short form:
> > [...]
> > B)
> > - insert media
> > - use the appearing popup to display contents in Dolphin
> >   -> I get permission denied message
> > - open Dolphin
> > - click the media's item
> >   -> the content is displayed and a second Dolphin opens with the same path
>
> As it turned out, I had not done a full upgrade after all... many packages
> were still installed in the 15.12 version. But I saw no message of package
> or library conflicts, so I was unaware of it.
>
> Once I marked all available "kde apps" packages to be upgraded to their
> 16.04 version in my package manager, everything went back to normal:

I revoke that last statement... after a reboot, the problem is still there.
I open the storage media popup, click on a storage media item, the dropdown
menu opens (which, as mentioned, did not happen before I upgraded
everything), and I select dolphin. Again, I get permission denied. Then I
open dolphin manually and click on the media item, and then I get as many
additional dolphin windows as I tried to open the media via the popup menu.

Unmounting via the plasma popup works, though.

--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Ich möchte nicht, daß irgendetwas von mir oder über mich auf Facebook landet.

There are two states for hard disks: new and full.