Mounting storage media via plasma applet: no permission

Frank Steinmetzger Warp_7 at gmx.de
Sun Jul 24 23:00:29 BST 2016

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 06:56:02PM +0200, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
> Hello fellows,
>
> a week or so ago I did the upgrade from 4.14 to 5.7.0. Once I got around all
> package-manager-related complications, the system is stable and works as
> expected for the most parts. I've not had a single crash yet. :)
>
> I have a teensy weensy problem with mounting removable storage media.
> In short form:
> [...]
> B)
> - insert media
> - use the appearing popup to display contents in Dolphin
>   -> I get permission denied message
> - open Dolphin
> - click the media's item
>   -> the content is displayed and a second Dolphin opens with the same path

As it turned out, I had not done a full upgrade after all... many packages
were still installed in the 15.12 version. But I saw no message of package
or library conflicts, so I was unaware of it.

Once I marked all available "kde apps" packages to be upgraded to their
16.04 version in my package manager, everything went back to normal: now
when I click a media item in the storage media popup, I get the usual
dropdown menu with possible actions. I didn't have that menu and was
wondering where it went. I actually didn't miss it and thought it was
removed, since it meant one less click to access the media.

Tata
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any social network.

I’ve been to the dentist many times, so I know the drill.