Mounting storage media via plasma applet: no permission

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 08:57:24 BST 2016

On Wednesday July 20 2016 23:19:14 Duncan wrote:

>So the degree to which I can be of help is rather limited.  However, the
>problem reads to me like a missing polkit invocation in the failing
>path.  I'd dig around to find the commandline used in both paths, and

To me this sounds more like a timing problem. I'd hope that the mounting process is independent of dolphin (or whatever other application would try to acces the mountpoint). The fact that you can wait, launch dolphin manually and find the new volume in the side-bar (or Places thingy) would support that interpretation.

Or do you get the same issue if you wait a reasonable time (for instance until the popup menu closes itself again) and then use the "Open in Dolphin" menu? In that case there must indeed be something wrong with the way dolphin is invoked by that menu action.

R.