Shortcuts stop working, application windows aren't showing anymore and the systray seems to freeze

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Jan 26 17:03:03 GMT 2016

Nikos Chantziaras posted on Tue, 26 Jan 2016 15:18:08 +0200 as excerpted:

> I just found a way to reproduce the problem. All I need to do is use
> "KDE daemon" shortcuts. Like Ctrl+Alt+K to switch keyboard layout. If I
> use the shortcut repeatedly, after about 10 to 20 times, the bug
> triggers.
>
> Since I don't use shortcuts all the time, it could take over an hour to
> trigger this normally. If I spam the shortcuts, the bug triggers right
> away.

Hmm.  In that case, maybe restarting kded5 will help.  Obviously a
workaround not a fix, but if it helps, we know for sure it's a kded5
related issue.

(I just tried kquitapp5 kded5, then restarting kded5, here, without
crashing plasma or anything else, so it should be safe, but just in case,
save your work in anything you don't want to lose before trying it, at
least at first.)