Shortcuts stop working, application windows aren't showing anymore and the systray seems to freeze

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 13:18:08 GMT 2016

On 25/01/16 18:44, Kevin Krammer wrote:

>>> Hmm. Is the URL handler configured in Thunderbird or does it delegate to
>>> KDE's file associations?
>>
>> I've set it to use xdg-open, which in turn obeys KDE's browser
>> preference. Every program behaves like that though. Thunderbird was just
>> an example.
>
> Right, just checking that this goes through KDE factilities and the problem is
> not more low level.
>
> No idea though, sorry.

I just found a way to reproduce the problem. All I need to do is use
"KDE daemon" shortcuts. Like Ctrl+Alt+K to switch keyboard layout. If I
use the shortcut repeatedly, after about 10 to 20 times, the bug triggers.

Since I don't use shortcuts all the time, it could take over an hour to
trigger this normally. If I spam the shortcuts, the bug triggers right away.