KDE Source Code

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sun Aug 21 03:40:26 BST 2016

René J.V. Bertin posted on Sat, 20 Aug 2016 10:12:16 +0200 as excerpted:

> On Friday August 19 2016 22:00:07 Alec O wrote:
>
> Oh, those 1.1.x versions :)
>
>>Does someone somewhere happen to have this source code? I've searched
>>and searched and can't seem to find it.
>
> I can't imagine you didn't already, but did you try the source
> repositories? They're supposed to keep every single bit of history. Of
> course that only really works as long as projects aren't being
> reorganised into new (sub)projects etc.

The trouble is, that was multiple source control system moves ago.  KDE
is on git now, and was on subversion (svn) before that.  I expect the svn
history was either carried over (perhaps in separate add-on git repos,
making it an option people could take or leave as desired) or perhaps
remains available in the now-frozen svn repos.

But I'd strongly suspect KDE 1.x was before svn, perhaps on cvs and
perhaps on something predating even that.  If care wasn't deliberately
and specifically taken in that first move off of whatever back then, and
continuing thru today, to preserve those sources and that history, then
it's very likely long lost to history, with the possible exception of
some dev's backup on an old hard drive in some trunk in some attic,
somewhere.