KTorrent Freezing Bug + Combining "Bug"

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Sep 24 13:53:10 BST 2015

Max .Kasmale posted on Wed, 23 Sep 2015 13:56:48 +0200 as excerpted:

> But I have a problem. I use Windows.
> Solution: Use Linux.
> Not an option here.
> But I found the KDE Installer.
>
> I Used it, KTorrent started and configured quite nicely.
> But, if I add a torrent, over the option in Browser: "Open with"
> (Download torrent file), the GUI (at least) freezes.
> Adding it via Drag and Drop works only if the files are already there.
> Otherwise it freezes again. And works for a short time, but than
> freezes. No seeding possible.
> Sometimes its starts to work for a short time.

[Mailing you directly as well as replying to the list, in case you're not
subscribed, but please reply there if you reply.]

I'm neither a kde dev (just a user) nor an MS user (tho I was until MS
pushed me off with eXPrivacy, which crossed a line I wouldn't cross, so I
have them to thank for me finally making the jump to Linux =:^), but
FWIW...

As you appear to be aware, MS Windows isn't a primary kde target, and
AFAIK most kde devs don't test kde on it.  Many of them don't
particularly care about it either -- while most won't deliberately block
it, many don't really care about it either, nor let it get in the way of
further development on Linux (or the BSDs, to a lessor extent).

The kde-windows porting is done by a smaller group of kde devs that /are/
interested in it working there.  They have a separate kde web site
subdomain and mailing list, etc.  While your post is welcome here (this
is, after all, the general kde list and kde-windows certainly fits), it's
not likely to get the level of help here that you'd hopefully get on the
kde-windows list.

So, consider checking out the https://windows.kde.org landing page, which
has links to the kde-windows techbase, IRC channel, and list, among other
things.  They're more likely to be able to help you (more than simply
pointing you at the lander page, as I'm doing) than most/all regulars
here.