How do I use kscreen?

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 11:26:30 GMT 2014

On 04/11/14 12:35, Duncan wrote:
> Nikos Chantziaras posted on Tue, 04 Nov 2014 12:00:08 +0200 as excerpted:
>
>>> What about (from a konsole or other terminal window)...
>>>
>>> kcmshell4 kcm_kscreen
>>
>> It brings up an almost empty window:
>>
>>     http://s9.postimg.org/j1dlhy3gv/display.png
>>
>> So kscreen works, but cannot offer configuration for my monitor, it
>> seems?
>
> Actually, I believe it's working, but the interface is... let's say...
> minimal and not entirely self-documenting, tho I think it's
> /supposed/ to be intuitive.
>
>[...]
>
> 5) Clicking on any of the labeled rectangles in the top half, loads its
> settings into the bottom (otherwise empty) half. (!!)
>
> *NOW* you can actually see and adjust the settings as you are used to!
> =:^)

Oookay. Hold the phone. There was zero indication that this is even
clickable, lol. And yes, I only have one monitor. Never had more than one.

However, even after clicking it and having the controls pop into
existence, they're broken :-D  The resolution slider cannot be moved
freely. It gets stuck and the refresh rate drop-list changes on its own.
For example, if I move it to the left, the slider locks into 1024x768
and cannot be moved anywhere else, while the refresh rate drop-list goes
through various values instead when I attempt to move the resolution
slider...

Thanks, Obama. Fortunately there's NVidia that provides a functioning tool.