Kmail-1.13.5 "Reply to mailing list" is using old list addy and its been moved

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Sat Mar 1 12:59:04 GMT 2014

On Saturday, 2014-03-01, 00:32:00, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Saturday 01 March 2014 00:12:50 Thomas Tanghus did opine:

> > Then it would be kind to supply the solution you found in your message
> > for users that in the future will search for the same answer and find
> > your question in the mailing list archives.
> > For those users I can inform that you can RMB-click on the folder,
> > select "Folder properties"=>"Mailing list"
>
> It would be nice if that option was available from the RMB click on the
> foldername in the folder list, but 1.13.5 as supplied by 10.04.4 LTS is
> bereft of such an item.  ISTR it used to be there a couple years ago, but
> is not now.

I think it was moved out of the context menu because people kept complaining
about it being to full and this being a feature not used by many and those who
do would be advanced users and able to find it in the main menu.

Classic example of not being able to make everyone happy :)

I also liked it in the context menu, IMHO this is what it is there for.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring