Kmail-1.13.5 "Reply to mailing list" is using old list addy and its been moved

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sat Mar 1 05:32:00 GMT 2014

On Saturday 01 March 2014 00:12:50 Thomas Tanghus did opine:

> On Friday 28 February 2014 21:31 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > So the question is where, in a running kmail, do I reconfigure this
> > behavior?
> >
> > And I am aware that this message probably belongs to the kde-pim list,
> > but the noise level from the robot has become intolerable to the
> > user. 1500+ msgs in the last 2 days, I unsubbed.
>
> You should use the kdepim-users list for questions like this. kde-pim is
> the developers list that also gets review requests etc.

It is also being blown completely away in terms of user usefulness by
anywhere from 20 to 500+ messages a day from the robot.  That crap needs to
go to the devel list, so the users can actually find a human generated
message someplace in all the noise.

> > I should advise that I found it by reading the web page docs on the
> > web site
>
> Then it would be kind to supply the solution you found in your message
> for users that in the future will search for the same answer and find
> your question in the mailing list archives.
> For those users I can inform that you can RMB-click on the folder,
> select "Folder properties"=>"Mailing list"

It would be nice if that option was available from the RMB click on the
foldername in the folder list, but 1.13.5 as supplied by 10.04.4 LTS is
bereft of such an item.  ISTR it used to be there a couple years ago, but
is not now.

The web page I found while googling for the problem, advises to use the
toolbar folder pulldown to access the mailing list settings.  I had also
tried that several times but all actions were ghosted.

Unfortunately, I had to make sure I was in the folder, reading a message
about 8 or 9 times before it would un-ghost any of its functions.  Once I
had managed to get the chew positioned right, I could click on the
'autofind" button, it, because there were 600 messages in the folder from
the old server, found the old server, but it would then allow me to hand
edit that line and reset it to the new server.  And now it works.  Without
executing the autofind function, manual entry in that same text box was
disabled.  I should have been able to enter it at any time, but this is
old, so theres not much use filing a bug...

> If the solution you've found is different please quote it here or in the
> kdepim-users list.

Let me know when they turn off that robot in the users list and I'll re-
subscribe.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

NOTICE: Will pay 100 USD for an HP-4815A defective but
complete probe assembly.