Calendar like Christmas garland

Aleksey Midenkov midenok at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 18:16:44 BST 2014

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 8:47 PM, John Layt <jlayt at kde.org> wrote:
> On 25 June 2014 16:00, Aleksey Midenkov <midenok at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 6:15 PM, John Layt <jlayt at kde.org> wrote:
>
>> So, how did you guessed my colors (Blue is today, Red is a day off,
>> Green is any other holiday) if you don't know my theme? I just want to
>> stress that such kind of decoration is HORRIBLE!!!
>
> Because that is what the default Plasma theme sets them to.  The
> Caledonia theme draws the highlights as underscores.  The openSUSE
> theme draws a ring around today that looks like a marker pen drew it.
> There's a lot of room there for designers to improve the appearance.
> If you don't like how it looks then feel free to implement something
> better, it's only an SVG after all, and perhaps a few lines of code to
> make the colors configurable.  Thing is, it's looked like that for 7
> years yet no-one seems to have been too bothered to change i.

So, it's worse for KDE. I find it's look, UI quality and overall
stability as bare alpha even now. And I have too many things to do
with this for many years ahead. So, spare me from proposals of
fiddling with SVGs. If I wanted to fix it, I would do it without
writing here. But I think, that author if these blatant blunders will
achieve more benefit from fixing this.