Calendar like Christmas garland

John Layt jlayt at kde.org
Wed Jun 25 17:47:37 BST 2014

On 25 June 2014 16:00, Aleksey Midenkov <midenok at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 6:15 PM, John Layt <jlayt at kde.org> wrote:

> So, how did you guessed my colors (Blue is today, Red is a day off,
> Green is any other holiday) if you don't know my theme? I just want to
> stress that such kind of decoration is HORRIBLE!!!

Because that is what the default Plasma theme sets them to.  The
Caledonia theme draws the highlights as underscores.  The openSUSE
theme draws a ring around today that looks like a marker pen drew it.
There's a lot of room there for designers to improve the appearance.
If you don't like how it looks then feel free to implement something
better, it's only an SVG after all, and perhaps a few lines of code to
make the colors configurable.  Thing is, it's looked like that for 7
years yet no-one seems to have been too bothered to change i.

John.