virtuoso-t constantly segfaulting

Kevin Krammer krammer at kde.org
Wed Jan 29 09:10:46 GMT 2014

On Tuesday, 2014-01-28, 17:07:59, Thomas Tanghus wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 January 2014 10:28 Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > Maybe if you run nepomukserver in a terminal/shell, probably running
> > akonadictl start in a second?
> >
> > Maybe one of the processes involved logs something of interest to
> > stdout/stderr.
>
> You nailed it! Found an Akonadi error which occurs consistently with the
> virtuoso-t crashes: http://pastie.org/8675611

I think the error is actually a Nepomuk error reported by the client, in this
case the Nepomuk feeder.
But it could be a consequence of the crash, i.e. the Nepomuk operation failing
because virtuoso crashed.

Hard to tell which one is cause and which one is effect.

> Apparently related to an event with title "KDE SC 4.12 Feature Freeze" in
> http://www.kde.org/releaseschedule.ics
>
> I deleted that calendar resource, and ran nepomukcleaner, but the segfault
> still continued, now with another event.
>
> I think this is due to me creating and deleting resources when testing
> ownCloud Cal-/CardDAV, because I have stale resources that can't be removed
> and keep geting messages like "Agent instance with identifier
> "akonadi_davgroupware_resource_100" does not exist".
>
> So: A Nepomuk cleanup is needed without otherwise touching my Akonadi config
> - except removing the stale Akonadi Groupware resources.

You could try akonadictl fsck

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring