virtuoso-t constantly segfaulting

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Sun Feb 9 19:11:20 GMT 2014

On Friday 31 January 2014 05:48 O. Sinclair wrote:

> > > I did not know akonadictl had that option! Will try it as soon as I get
> > > back.
> >
> > Now I've tried both fsck and vacuum but to no avail, so after 2-3 years
> > with a functional Nepomuk DB I'm ready to wipe it (while waiting for
> > Baloo?).
> >
> > Does anyone have the recipe what to delete and not to delete if I want to
> > keep my mail settings?
>
> rename your /HOME/.kde(4)/share/apps/nepomuk folder, with no running Kmail
> and preferrably akonadictl stop.
>
> Reboot and watch cpu spike while nepomuk rebuilds for some hours, depending
> of size of Kmail and your files (given you use desktop search).

Thanks. I think I may have once added a configuration directive to some
file(?) that should stop excessive reindexing. Years ago and I really don't
remember which file. Anyhow none of my mails are indexed now.
It's not really a deal breaker, as I mostly search only Subject, and that
still works in individual folders, but eventually it would be nice if it
worked.
Music isn't indexed either it seems. At least my search for "Lou Reed" turns
out empty, and that's just wrong ;)
It seems Baloo is going to replace Nepomuk and solve all problems - but that
will probably not hit us before Frameworks 5.

But on the positive side I get no more segfaults :D

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus