Sound problems again...

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Aug 15 10:10:08 BST 2014

Jogchum Reitsma posted on Fri, 15 Aug 2014 09:59:32 +0200 as excerpted:

> Problem solved.
>
> I came across
> "https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/499971-Can-t-configure-
sound-card",
> where was suggested to throw away /etc/modprobe.d/50-sound.conf, and let
> Yast configure the soundcard again. For that problem it didn'nt help (it
> appeared to be a hardware problem after all), but in my case it solved
> the problem. While the old and new /etc/modprobe.d/50-sound.conf are
> exactly the same.

Thanks for the update.

Being on gentoo of course I build my own kernels and I've been running
monolithic kernels configured with all the drivers I need built-in for
many years now, so any solution involving dumping a modprobe config to
let the distro-specific tool reconfigure it would have been relatively
unlikely to occur to me.

Which makes it all the more valuable that you posted the fix report, as
now I have a possible fix I'd be relatively unlikely to consider on my
own, on my list to suggest that other try when they have similar issues.
=:^)