Hi

westlake westlake2012 at videotron.ca
Mon Oct 21 02:42:53 BST 2013

Option "AccelerationProfile" "2" has been set which GNOME honors this
setting, while verifying with the user logon, but kde doesn't.

The communication between Debian KDE package maintainers and bug
reporters, is for us to come to bugs.kde.org.  As I said I checked if
anyone reported the symptom of changing Accel profiles being
problematic.(but it was merely for checking out viable options as I'm
not sure if it's a intrusively a bug on KDE's part)

"At least it did here, when I did that.  Tho as I said I've not actually
changed the xinput accel profile, only some of the other accel
parameters.  So it's possible it screws up if you run a different accel
profile, but if so I'd call that a bug."

I have no idea what you're trying to tell me. Are you saying changing
'accel profiles' with the "xinput" command works ?

.. the other reason why I came here is I would like to know if this is a
bug with the xinput command I'm using (fwiw, Debian Wheezy).. If it
works on the GNOME desktop I don't see why not with KDE.

I'll rewind a bit and describe the problem, and maybe someone can let me
know if it's either a distro(I wouldn't really think so.. The Debian
maintainers would just point me to bugs.kde.org) or something else
related to KDE..

The observation is I logon to my KDE desktop. (The "AccelerationProfile"
option in xorg.conf has been set long before, and it's value of "2"
displays as expected with the xinput command). When I logon, I open a
terminal and list properties of my mouse with xinput..hmm what is
changing the 'Accel Profile' value when using KDE?

I will later look into the items you mentioned (relating to ~/.kde , I
already know about xorg.conf settings thanks)

The symptom: ..and so I try to use "xinput" to change the accel profil with
  xinput --set-propr <#> 'Device Accel Profile' 2

  What happens is that every 5 seconds whether the mouse is being used
or not, the cursor jumps to the top-left corner of the screen.  I can
issue this exact same command in GNOME and this symptom doesn't occur.

  Setting it back to '0' with xinput, ceases the jumping.  What I'd like
to have is the KDE logon to inherit's X11's setting of '2' which it does
in GNOME.

-Scott