Spelling style on MLs (was: KDE's rough edges... what are your experiences?)

Michael michael.the.optimist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 14:59:00 GMT 2013

Am Wed, 30 Oct 2013 21:59:46 +0100
schrieb Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7 at gmx.de>:

> On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 08:44:27PM +0100, Michael wrote:
>
> > > FWIW, thanks for the reminder that I need to keep working at it.
> > > As I said at the top, I /am/ aware of the situation...
> >
> > If I may offer some help there... after writing a paragraph, read
> > again what you just wrote [...]. Second, reread it again, see if you
> > can shorten stuff [...]. Use details *sparely* and only when a true
> > benefit is visible or a point you like to make does not work without
> > the details.  Then write the next paragarph, do the same there.
>
> That's composition. ;-) Spelling is their/there/they're.

Oops, then either the dictionary / wordbook used (dict.leo.org) is
somewhat inaccurate or I use the german word "Schreibstil" wrong. :)

Either way, what I tried to express there was "the style one uses when
writing".

http://dict.leo.org/#/search=Schreibstil&searchLoc=0&resultOrder=basic&multiwordShowSingle=on

I am not sure if "composition" fits that description that well. But as
I am not a native english speaker... correct me if I am wrong.
How about "wording / writing style"?

regards
Michael