Virtually Invisible Panel Clock

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri May 31 09:51:47 BST 2013

On 2013-05-31 10:28 (GMT+0200) torsten at tfrey.de composed:

> Felix Miata composed in English:

>> On 2013-05-30 22:10 (GMT-0400) Doug composed:

>>>  Maybe there's a way in your distro to change the taskbar color?

>> Of course there is. That's not the point, which is it should be
>> legible with whatever theming the distro uses as default. What point
>> is there in a theme that makes the clock nearly invisible no matter
>> how big it is?

> If I understand correctly you want to change the color of the clock? I
> have openSuse, but I think this is KDE and does not depend on the distro.
> Try to do a right-click on the clock, I have an option "settings for
> digital clock". Here I can change the color of the font , if the font
> should have a shadow and in which color.

I'm not interested in fixing it for each and every new user. I want idiotic
default invisibility avoided somehow, like it used to be, black text on
whatever light background color, or white text on whatever dark background
color. I need to find out what's responsible for the insanity before I can
chose whether and where to file a bug about it.
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/kdemageialowfipanelclock1200-120.png

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/