K menu submenu on a panel

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Jun 20 17:58:32 BST 2013

Stephen Dowdy posted on Thu, 20 Jun 2013 09:28:21 -0600 as excerpted:

> I'd guess there's probably a deeper underlying bug here that might be
> affecting other components than just the case of drag-drop to the panel
> for the Graphics applications submenu, but don't have any idea where
> that would be. (is it being munged in the drag-drop data structure
> initially, or is the plasma-panel mangling it on acceptance? (forgive my
> clear lack of understanding the exact terminology used here.  As Bones
> McCoy would say "I'm a Sysadmin Damnit, not a KDE Software Developer")

That's what I was thinking too.  It may well be that this is what the OP
was remembering, and it simply quit working sometime along the way, or
that whatever he was remembering has the same bug.

As for bug reporting, yes, I've been considering that, but haven't done
it yet.  I figured I'd look into it and report it at the same time I did
my bug report on always new activities at login, no remembered
activities, with 4.10.80.  But before I do that I want to reinstall it
again (I kept the binpkgs around so it's just a question of unmasking it
again and letting portage update) and try with a totally clean user
config, to see if maybe it's something in my current config that's
killing activity memory.  If so, then I can bisect down to where the
issue is.  But after spending all nite on that a couple nites ago, no
sleep at all that nite, it'll take me a couple days to recover before I'm
ready to go work on it again.

But I've given myself a deadline of reporting that for beta2 if it's not
fixed then, and they're two-week betas and we're a week into this one
already, so...