@ Dotan: As requested (back in March, sorry): Hotkey launcher scripts

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Aug 27 17:26:45 BST 2013

Dotan Cohen posted on Tue, 27 Aug 2013 14:57:06 +0300 as excerpted:

> Duncan, I just found this email! For some reason some of your emails
> addressed to me did not get the "Gmail Star" that I use to identify mail
> addressed to me or replies to my mails. I see that there are quite a
> few, some dating back years!

LOL!  Years now, indeed.  Let's see, I finally got active on the kde
lists when I switched to 4.2 after being a kde user since 2.x, and
remember you were active on the list from early in my activity and likely
from earlier.  Now we're on 4.11, so nine releases, with two a year...
over four years (it was 4.2.5, late in the 4.2 cycle, and it's still
early in 4.11).

I'm not familiar with how gmail works, but I can speculate that the "some
reason" you speak of might have something to do with the fact that I read
the list and normally reply via gmane.org's list2news service, which
presents the various lists I follow as newsgroups.  I then use the news
client pan to read and reply, via gmane, which uses methods originally
designed to forward posts to moderated newsgroups to their moderators, to
in this case forward the messages to the appropriate list-serv, on the
poster's (my) behalf.

Presumably something in that process is fooling gmail's reply detection
methods...

> I'll go through these treasures in due time. You are extremely thorough
> and it will take me some time to go it all. Thank you very much!

Thanks for the explanation.  I had wondered, about this one in
particular, since external feedback should be interesting, but I realized
some time ago that like me, sometimes your replies may be delayed by (up
to) months, presumably because (like me) you get busy with other things,
and because for some detailed replies, one must be in the proper mood,
and have sufficient time available, to properly read and reply.

Anyway, looking forward to your comments, in time, now that you've
discovered that trove. =:^)