Introduction + create a custom user profile for KDE 4.10.5

Nowardev-Team nowardev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 11:55:25 BST 2013

look at this ....
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/kde+Customization+kit?content=148430

in that configs there are no destkop effects no nepomuck lighter krunner
etc ... just read , there is even a nice feature in kate that can help you

just open every configs file on ~/.kde and then you can modify your settigs
.... kate will warn you if a file has been modified ,... anyway there is
already that project that can help you. it has a wallpaper customize icons
colors and of course nepo and desktop effects turned off. even the
kickoffrc file should be there where you can define your prefered
applications  just download that project and look around at the files

for folderview there is no way to script it ... at least on 4.10 i guess

you need to tweak some config files

for panels height ....  as you can see in the kate snippets....

and there is no way to lock wiget i guess via javascript maybe aseigo can
confirm this

var screenrect = screenGeometry(0); // get information about your screen h w

var panel = new Panel
if (panelIds.length == 1) {
panel.location = 'bottom'
//panel.location = 'top'
//panel.hiding= 'autohide' //"windowscover" or "windowsbelow"
//panel.length = (screenrect.width/2)-(screenrect.width/16);

panel.height = screenrect.height/30;   //
THIS ONE

//panel.alignment = "left" "right" "center"
//panel.locked = false true
}