Introduction + create a custom user profile for KDE 4.10.5

Niki Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Mon Aug 19 11:52:41 BST 2013

OK, I managed to go further in my default configuration. I edited a
series of small files in /etc/skel/.kde/share/config to alter KDE's
default configuration.

emaildefaults:

[Defaults]
Profile=Default

[PROFILE_Default]
EmailClient[$e]=thunderbird

kcminputrc:

[Mouse]
cursorTheme=whiteglass

kdeglobals:

[KDE]
SingleClick=false

[General]
BrowserApplication[$e]=mozilla-firefox.desktop
EmailClient[$e]=thunderbird

kickoffrc:

[Favorites]
FavoriteURLs=/usr/share/applications/mozilla-firefox.desktop,/usr/share/applications/mozilla-thunderbird.desktop,/opt/openoffice4/share/xdg/startcenter.desktop,/usr/share/applications/audacious.desktop,/usr/share/applications/kde4/dolphin.desktop

kwinrc:

[Compositing]
Enabled=false

nepomukserverrc:

[Basic Settings]
Start Nepomuk=false

[Service-nepomukfileindexer]
autostart=false

Everything works now as expected (again, after lots of trial & error).
Which means I only have one last thing to configure, and I don't know
how to figure that out:

How can I have widgets default to locked? Users *can* unlock them
afterwards eventually, though I'd like to know how I can theoretically
lock everything down for good.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat