OT: Thunderbird Folder refresh needed

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Sun Oct 21 18:48:18 BST 2012

Am 21.10.2012 18:35, schrieb Alex Schuster:
> Klaus Vink Slott writes:
>

> Check the account's settings -> Synchronization & Storage. The default is
> to have 'Keep messages for this account on this computer' enabled, this
> makes Thunderbird download them all.
>
>>> You have to
>>> enable the check for every folder you want to watch (in preference
>>> dialogue of the folder). At least I use it all the time (since I moved
>>> from kmail to t-bird).
>
> Or right-click on any folder and select 'Subscribe...' to quickly
> subscribe to all the folders you want.

This was not a problem of subscription but a problem of cyclic update
the folder content.

> However, on Windows, not all folders are being checked for new mail. And
> I had to unsubscribe to the 'Drafts' folder, or else it would hang while
> checking folders, except when forcing the check manually.

By default NO folder is checked besides the inbox folder (and the
seleted one if your server support the IDLE imap command) AFAIK.

>> That was quite some work, I have many filters and folders. But now I
>> have it working. (Had to leave Kmail again: After a week it stopped
>> showing the message content in some folders. The message preview just
>> stay blank - even after a logout/login)
>
> KMail is weird :(

In the old kmail1 days I had to recreate the index files every now and
then (about every 2 years) but I never lost mails. After doing similar
stuff to kmail2 (deleting the akonadi DB) I lost hundreds of mails (this
is fixed in the meantime afaik) but the good feeling is lost. I don't
know if I can still trust kmail2 and the mail handling.

For me it will take another two versions to trust kmail2 for mail handling.