Folder refresh needed

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Thu Oct 18 07:00:49 BST 2012

Am 17.10.2012 23:22, schrieb Klaus Slott:
> On 15. October 2012 03:31:05 Duncan wrote:
>> Klaus Slott posted on Sun, 14 Oct 2012 19:17:06 +0200 as excerpted:
>

> Thunderbird insists on downloading all mail from the IMAP or else you cant
> monitor other than inbox for new mail. As I use serverside filters to sort
> incoming mail there is a risk of not noticing new mail. Apart from Roundcube
> webmail I have not tried any other clients, but for now (day 4) KMail2 have
> had no functional problems yet :-)

Hu, no. You can monitor all folders and use server side filtering and do
not download all mails to a local store with thunderbird. You have to
enable the check for every folder you want to watch (in preference
dialogue of the folder). At least I use it all the time (since I moved
from kmail to t-bird).

But I hope kmail2 will become as good as kmail1 was once (almost there
afaik).

Martin