Nepomuk

Brian J Densmore brian at amason.net
Wed Oct 17 23:26:53 BST 2012

On Wed, October 17, 2012 1:44 am, Stephen Dowdy wrote:
> Felix Miata wrote, On 10/12/2012 09:50 PM:
>> On 2012-10-12 16:28 (GMT-0500) Brian J Densmore composed:
>>
>>> Nepomuk is required to be installed in the latest KDE.
>>
>> But it isn't required to be running. KDE is highly configurable. Look up
>> the following:
>> nepomukserverrc
>> nepomukstrigirc
>> [Basic Settings]
>> Start Nepomuk=false
>> [main Settings]
>> Used Soprano Backend=null
>> rebuilt index for type indexing=false
>> [Service-nepomukstrigiservice]
>> autostart=false
>> [General]
>> folders[$e]=$HOME/tmp/null
>> index hidden folders=false
>> index newly mounted=false
>

> Yep, we do this here:
>
> -------------------------
> /etc/kde4/nepomukserverrc
> -or- most likely:
> $(kde4-config --path config | cut -d: -f2)/nepomukserverrc
> -------------------------
> [Basic Settings]
> Start Nepomuk=false
>

> That works for all users of the system to keep Nepomuk from auto-starting.
>
> Similarly, you can drop that in $(kde4-config
> --localprefix)/share/config/nepomukserverrc
> (or likely $(kde4-config --path config | cut -d: -f1)/nepomukserverrc
> on a per-user basis.
>
> --stephen

Well that's all good information. However, I'd already figured out a way
to turn it off for Mint 12 64bit. But as another poster wrote, it's
Akonadi
that is complaining at me because I turned it off. So as soon as I have
some spare time to mess with the system further, I'll attempt to shut
Akonadi up, which is still complaining on log in, even though I've shut
off all messages in KDE (even dangerous to shut off ones).

Thanks everyone for the responses!

Brian