Folder refresh needed

Klaus Slott list-s at vink-slott.dk
Sun Oct 14 18:17:06 BST 2012

Hi

I am currently considering to move back to KDE after using XFCE a while. So I
tried to login to a KDE session today. My system is OpenSUSE, now with KDE
4.8.5 release 521.

I had troubles with several things, especially kmail: "KMail encountered a
fatal error and will terminate now. Failed to fetch >> the resource
collection" So I decided to try a clean start and removed everything that
looked kde accosiated::

~/.config/akonadi
~/.config/kde.org
~/.config/qtcurve
~/.config/qtcurve.gtk-icons
~/.local/share/akonadi/
~/.kde4
~/.kde

logging in again I was now able to make Kmail work with IMAP and started to
configure myself a new Desktop. But one thing still does not work: No matter
if I use a Destop folder or a Folder widget, a new file in this folder does
not show up before I left click and select Refresh. Not even if I drag a file
from one folder widget to another, is the content updated!

Other users on this machine does not have this problem. I probably messed up
some setting, before I gave up on KDE at version 4.2.something. But where?

--
Regards
Klaus