Cute, you don't like my message, so I'm bounced as not subscribed

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Thu Nov 15 20:50:23 GMT 2012

On Thursday 15 November 2012 15:46:11 Duncan did opine:

> Anne Wilson posted on Thu, 15 Nov 2012 19:59:19 +0000 as excerpted:
> > Besides, the fact that others can see the messages he says are missing
> > suggests that it has nothing to do with the servers.
>
> He says he re-sent.  I only see the one copy.  So I'm guessing the first
> copy did simply disappear into the aether, and it's the re-send we are
> seeing.

Yes, I verified the headers were correct, and re-sent from my sent-mail
folder.  That message then did not bounce, and was received by all AFAIK.

> Of course where in the aether it went is open to question.  My theory
> assumes it actually got to the listserv and it dropped the first post.
> But without access to the listserv logs (assuming it logs such drops),
> we don't know.
>
> It's possible the admins aren't aware of it either, if it's a default
> setting.  But if they have logging turned on and can spare the time to
> go looking thru what I'm sure is a mountain of spam-drops for the one
> or two dropped messages from Gene, /that/ would answer the question.

Possibly.

> But now that it seems to be working, I'm not sure it's really worth the
> trouble.  Of course, if as he says (and my theory posits), it happens
> regularly after he hasn't posted to the list for awhile, it could be
> worth investigating.  But repeating the experiment with that theory in
> mind, which will of necessity take a few more months of no posting and
> then posting again, would add some repeatability data.  It may be worth
> waiting for that before bothering the admins, and chalking it up to
> happenstance (and /not/ bothering the admins) if after a few months off
> it doesn't repeat.

We may see unless something goes by that I can make constructive comments
on.  It seems my revelance to the latest versions of everything is fading
away.

> Regardless, it's all up to Gene and whether he decides to pursue it now
> or wait, at this point, especially since it seems to be working /now/.

Yup, just fine /now/.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
May you have many handsome and obedient sons.