Cute, you don't like my message, so I'm bounced as not subscribed

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Nov 15 20:32:37 GMT 2012

Anne Wilson posted on Thu, 15 Nov 2012 19:59:19 +0000 as excerpted:

> Besides, the fact that others can see the messages he says are missing
> suggests that it has nothing to do with the servers.

He says he re-sent.  I only see the one copy.  So I'm guessing the first
copy did simply disappear into the aether, and it's the re-send we are
seeing.

Of course where in the aether it went is open to question.  My theory
assumes it actually got to the listserv and it dropped the first post.
But without access to the listserv logs (assuming it logs such drops), we
don't know.

It's possible the admins aren't aware of it either, if it's a default
setting.  But if they have logging turned on and can spare the time to go
looking thru what I'm sure is a mountain of spam-drops for the one or two
dropped messages from Gene, /that/ would answer the question.

But now that it seems to be working, I'm not sure it's really worth the
trouble.  Of course, if as he says (and my theory posits), it happens
regularly after he hasn't posted to the list for awhile, it could be
worth investigating.  But repeating the experiment with that theory in
mind, which will of necessity take a few more months of no posting and
then posting again, would add some repeatability data.  It may be worth
waiting for that before bothering the admins, and chalking it up to
happenstance (and /not/ bothering the admins) if after a few months off
it doesn't repeat.

Regardless, it's all up to Gene and whether he decides to pursue it now
or wait, at this point, especially since it seems to be working /now/.