KAddressbook Spawning Tags (Update)

Lex Middelberg lex at middelberg.co.za
Tue May 22 08:50:52 BST 2012

Greetings.

Thank you again for all the help messages, it does make a difference when new
avenues are pointed out to remove the frustration of not seeing solutions.

Further to my last message, the spawning tags have mutated overnight.  What
was two on the contact I use as reference is now 17 tags, of which one was
added by me yesterday.

The extra tags were created involuntarily by nemopuk last night with all my
attempts to deselect and reselect and delete.  But at least they don't seem to
be breeding out of control on their own any more!

When I gave up last night, new tags would be displayed in the Contact data
view as a "nemopuk + code" entry.  This morning that changed to display the
correct tag description in the contact view, but the tag description that
displayed last night in the tag selection view has now changed to be just a
tickbox with no description next to it like the tags I found immediately after
populating the new user's contact list with my data.

With the extent of my contacts list and the job I do it is crucial to keep
track of relationships with tags.

What is strange to me and perhaps someone can explain to me, is this.  This is
a new user on the same system with the same data.  I accept something is
broken in the original version, but this should have been solved with the
standard default setup of the new user, the new user starting out with the
invisible tags in the tags view is however even more useless than the original
broken version.

Either the developers didn't test for this behaviour before release, or there
is still something I can change on my system to resolve this.  If there is I
will try, but once again I am stumped.

Should I report this as a bug, or is there something else anyone can propose I
try before I do that?

On Monday 21 May 2012 01:01:18 Martin Bednar wrote:
> Martin
>
> PS : I hope all this makes sense, it's kind of late

No, it doesn't. :)

--
Regards,
Lex Middelberg.