KAddressbook Spawning Tags

Lex Middelberg lex at middelberg.co.za
Sun May 20 09:18:03 BST 2012

Greetings.

Thank you Martin, see my comments in the text below.

My system is being used daily for work, however it is a stock standard system
that I installed somewhere in 2009 and simply upgraded as and when new version
of Kubuntu became available.  I never tweaked it

Some time last year I upgraded and it all turned into a nightmare.  I lost my
emails and kontact is more problem than help.  It is a bit late now, but I
wish I had tried gnome with evolution first.  In any event everything is stock-
standard as KDE or Kubuntu set it up.

On Saturday 19 May 2012 17:41:38 kde-request at mail.kde.org wrote:
> Message: 9
> Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 15:53:31 +0200
> From: Martin Bednar <serafean at gmail.com>

<snip-snip>

> Back to the original question (adressbook spawning tags) :

> How are your contacts stored?

$HOME/.local/share/contacts

> Which ressource do you use?

Default Address Book, type file and set as standard
akonadi-resource, type akonadi

> Have you tried backing up those  contacts, deleting the resource and
> creating a new one?

Why would that work?  How should I do that?  Through Systems-Settings?

> Is the akonadi nepomuk feeder active?

If you mean to ask is nemopuk enabled? The answer is yes.  If you are asking
something else, I do not know where to look to see if the "feeder" is active.

> Which version of KDE does precise come with?

4.8.2

> If you're not using nepomuk for other things, you can start from scratch
> (new  user/delete nepomuk configuration), I guarantee that will get rid of
> the tags. You will then have to recreate the akonadi nepomuk feeder though.

Isn't that a bit extreme?

See above, I don't know what else nemopuk is linked to.  I am not aware that
it does anything else on my system.

If I create a new user what about my emails and contact list?  What about my
data in the home directory of the current user?  What about my accounting data
and the data and configurations stored by all my other software?

--
Regards,
Lex Middelberg.

This email carries a security signature to verify the integrity and provenance
thereof.  My public key will be sent to you upon request or it may be uploaded
from:  hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com