Switching Activities via keyboard shortcuts.

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 07:45:35 GMT 2012

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 06:00, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:
> Dotan Cohen posted on Thu, 01 Mar 2012 21:10:40 +0200 as excerpted:
>
>> Thank you. I already have Meta-Tab reassigned to something else. What is
>> Meta-Tab assigned to for you, id est, what is the name of "Walk Through
>> Activities" on your system?
>
> FWIW, here on 4.8.0, it's under shortcuts and gestures, global keyboard
> shortcuts, kde component: plasma desktop shell, next activity, and
> previous activity.  So you can walk backward or forward thru them.  (With
> just two it wouldn't matter, with three it wouldn't matter much, but get
> beyond about four activities and having a backward hotkey too begins to
> matter rather more!)

Thanks, Duncan, that is what I was afraid to hear.

On my 4.7 system, Next Activity goes to the next ordinal Activity, and
Previous Activity goes to the precious ordinal Activity. Therefore two
separate keyboard shortcuts are necessary to swap between two
Activities. This does differ from the behaviour of Previous Desktop
and Previous Window which function similarly to Walk Through,

--
Dotan Cohen

http://gibberish.co.il
http://what-is-what.com