Switching Activities via keyboard shortcuts.

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Sat Mar 3 05:31:33 GMT 2012

Dotan Cohen posted on Fri, 02 Mar 2012 09:45:35 +0200 as excerpted:

> On my 4.7 system, Next Activity goes to the next ordinal Activity, and
> Previous Activity goes to the precious ordinal Activity. Therefore two
> separate keyboard shortcuts are necessary to swap between two
> Activities. This does differ from the behaviour of Previous Desktop and
> Previous Window which function similarly to Walk Through,

... So no wrap-around.

As I might have said, I haven't actually used activities since early 4.7
or possibly early 4.6.  They don't really provide much of anything I
don't already have as a power user via other, generally more mature and
stable means, so I've had no use for them.  Tho I really should backup my
plasma config files and do some experimenting again, one of these days,
to see what has changed.  If activities control panels now, not just the
desktop, then I might have a reason to use them.

Anyway, because I've not used them in anything like even close to the 4.8
timeframe, I've no idea if they've fixed that and the previous/next
activities hotkeys wrap around now, or not.