convert to kde on Windows 7--more

Hans Muecke kde at filderstadtweather.eu
Tue Jul 17 14:22:15 BST 2012

Am 16.07.2012 20:55, schrieb Doug:

> I have just looked at the Windows.kde.org website, and looked thru
> a whole set of screen shots.  It looks to me like you DO wind up with
> a KDE desktop and most of the KDE aps that I have in Linux.  Of
> course, maybe not all of them work, I don't know. Specifically, it does
> look as if Dolphin is there, and card games, but I couldn't verify the
> Find Files/Find Folders app.

Believe me ... it is no KDE Desktop you end up with, it is embedded into
win by the use of a dll-file. On my laptop I have installed Amarok and
Digikam and they lack some functionallity I know from my penguins. About
the Find Files/Folders ... I guess because the win command isn't as
powerful as the *nix command (but everything is based on it via dll) you
might not find what you're looking for. Id suggest you try Duncan's
suggestion (Cygwin) ...

--
Talk to you later ... Hans (52 to go)

2012/07/17 12:50
EDDS 171250Z 27016G28KT 9999 SCT043 20/09 Q1025 NOSIG