Automated import of camera photos

dE . de.techno at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 15:37:34 GMT 2012

On 12/10/12 20:45, Anne Wilson wrote:
> Antivirus software definitely does work - as long as it is set up to
> receive signature updates regularly. The reason there are so many
> infected computers is that many people don't use an AV product at all,
> others install one, preferably a free-as-in-beer one, and don't
> properly set up updates. I know one user who has used Windows daily
> for 20+ years and never had a single infection. Education on key risks
> is the key. And no, Linux isn't safe from malware. Safer than Windows,
> yes, if you leave holes in Windows, but an unprotected computer,
> whichever OS it is using, is likely to be compromised sooner or later.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c112:S.372.IS:
http://www.ic3.gov/media/2012/120508.aspx

Oh, I did mail you that Norton security breach right?

And another scenario you may not believe. How did Windows 8, Windows 7,
Windows 7 SP1 released to P2P networks even before MS released anything
about it?