Plasma crash and can't log in anymore.

Martin Bednár serafean at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 17:00:27 BST 2011

Le Mardi 13 de septembre 2011 17:47:28 Luis Ángel Fernández Fernández a écrit
:
> On Martes, 13 de septiembre de 2011 17:00:38 Alex Schuster escribió:
> > >   Any idea about what's going on and how can I fix it?
> >
> > No. But I'd diff the output with the .xsession-errors you get when
> > using the failsafe session. So you can separate the critical errors from
> > harmless entries that happen every time. For example, I have no idea
> > whether those dbus messages are normal in your setup, or if they are the
> > root of the problem.
>
>   Ok. It seems that those dbus messages are normal since I have them in both
> modes.
>
>   The differences start just after those messages. These are the
> differences:
>
> XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0"
>       after 58 requests (57 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

There, X doesn't work. try looking into /var/log/Xorg.0.log Search for lines
with (EE)

>   In failsafe mode I got many of those "X Error" but none of them say
> anything about "NV-GLX". Anyway, it's very weird because everything was
> working until the crash and I think I didn't do any upgrade. The only thing
> I remember I've changed before the crash is that I changed something in
> akonadi configuration (something about working offline in one of my email
> accounts).

In failsafe mode, try opening a console and running glxgears or glxinfo or
nvidia-settings (and then go to the GLX page). This is to see if graphic
acceleration is working.

Check that you have free disk space in /tmp, and that /tmp isn't noexec (for
some reason, nvidia needs execute permissions in /tmp, took me weeks to figure
out)

The "shaders not supported" part seems weird, what card do you have?

Martin