Plasma crash and can't log in anymore.

Luis Ángel Fernández Fernández laffdez at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 18:10:41 BST 2011

On Martes, 13 de septiembre de 2011 18:00:27 Martin Bednár escribió:

  First of all, thank you for yor help. Everything is working now. It seems
that the driver became corrupted at some point and for some reason.

> > XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
> > ":0">
> >       after 58 requests (57 known processed) with 0 events
> >       remaining.
>
> There, X doesn't work. try looking into /var/log/Xorg.0.log Search for lines
> with (EE)

  I should have thought of this :(. Anyway. This is what I found there:

[   330.360] (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the GLX module; please check
in your X
[   330.360] (EE) NVIDIA(0):     log file that the GLX module has been loaded
in your X
[   330.360] (EE) NVIDIA(0):     server, and that the module is the NVIDIA GLX
module.  If
[   330.360] (EE) NVIDIA(0):     you continue to encounter problems, Please
try
[   330.360] (EE) NVIDIA(0):     reinstalling the NVIDIA driver.

  So I did it but it wasn't too easy. I needed to move the nvidia.ko from
modules folder because it was marked as "permanent" and I couldn't unload it
using rmmod. But after that I've reinstalled the driver and everything is
working again.

> In failsafe mode, try opening a console and running glxgears or glxinfo or
> nvidia-settings (and then go to the GLX page). This is to see if graphic
> acceleration is working.

  Those didn't run so I guess I didn't have acceletarion at all. There was a
error message about not having GLX.

> The "shaders not supported" part seems weird, what card do you have?

  I have a NVidia GeForce 9400 GT but now I have shaders support. It was
because the driver corruption, I guess.

  Bye.

--

Luis Ángel Fernández Fernández