Plasma crash and can't log in anymore.

Luis Ángel Fernández Fernández laffdez at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 16:47:28 BST 2011

On Martes, 13 de septiembre de 2011 17:00:38 Alex Schuster escribió:

> >   Any idea about what's going on and how can I fix it?
>
> No. But I'd diff the output with the .xsession-errors you get when
> using the failsafe session. So you can separate the critical errors from
> harmless entries that happen every time. For example, I have no idea
> whether those dbus messages are normal in your setup, or if they are the
> root of the problem.

  Ok. It seems that those dbus messages are normal since I have them in both
modes.

  The differences start just after those messages. These are the differences:

X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  138 (NV-GLX)
  Minor opcode of failed request:  4 ()
  Resource id in failed request:  0x1e00003
  Serial number of failed request:  33
kwin(15671): ""fsrestore1" - conversion of "0,0,0,0" to QRect failed"
kwin(15671): ""fsrestore2" - conversion of "0,0,0,0" to QRect failed"
kwin(15671): ""fsrestore3" - conversion of "0,0,0,0" to QRect failed"
kwin(15671): Shaders are not supported
kwin(15671): Shaders are not supported
plasma-desktop: cannot connect to X server :0
plasma-desktop(15679): Communication problem with  "plasma-desktop" , it
probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Message did not
receive a reply (timeout by message bus)" "

XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0"
      after 58 requests (57 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
kwalletd: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit4: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit4: sending SIGHUP to children.
klauncher: Exiting on signal 1
kwin: Fatal IO error: client killed
kglobalaccel: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit4: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit4: sending SIGHUP to children.
KCrash: Application 'ksmserver' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
Warning: connect() failed: : No existe el fichero o el directorio
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi directly
Qt-subapplication: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit4: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit4: Exit.
kded4: Fatal IO error: client killed
No protocol specified
drkonqi: cannot connect to X server :0
kdeinit4: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit4: Exit.

  In failsafe mode I got many of those "X Error" but none of them say anything
about "NV-GLX". Anyway, it's very weird because everything was working until
the crash and I think I didn't do any upgrade. The only thing I remember I've
changed before the crash is that I changed something in akonadi configuration
(something about working offline in one of my email accounts).

> Oh, and I think that attaching short logs is preferred to using pastebin,
> at least that seems how it is handles on most lists. Someone correct me
> please if this is wrong.

  No problem. I thought it could be too long and that's why I used pastebin.

  Thanks for your answer.

  Bye.

--

Luis Ángel Fernández Fernández