Plasma crash and can't log in anymore.

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Tue Sep 13 16:00:38 BST 2011

Luis Ángel Fernández Fernández writes:

>   Today something very weird happened. I don't remember what I was
> doing exactly but suddenly "KDE" crashed and lxdm login showed up. I
> couldn't start KDE Plasma Desktop Session anymore and I get
> this .xsession-error[1]. However I can log in using some KDE Plasma
> Desktop Failsafe session kdm shows (after the crash I switched to
> kdm... lxdm doesn't show this "special" session). This failsafe session
> launch KDE Plasma using the --failsafe option.
>
>   Any idea about what's going on and how can I fix it?

No. But I'd diff the output with the .xsession-errors you get when
using the failsafe session. So you can separate the critical errors from
harmless entries that happen every time. For example, I have no idea
whether those dbus messages are normal in your setup, or if they are the
root of the problem.

Oh, and I think that attaching short logs is preferred to using pastebin,
at least that seems how it is handles on most lists. Someone correct me
please if this is wrong.

	Wonko