Plasma crash and can't log in anymore.

Luis Ángel Fernández Fernández laffdez at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 15:41:30 BST 2011

  Hi there,

  First at all, I'm using KDE 4.7.0 under Ubuntu 11.04 with a 3.0.3 linux
kernel.

  Today something very weird happened. I don't remember what I was doing
exactly but suddenly "KDE" crashed and lxdm login showed up. I couldn't start
KDE Plasma Desktop Session anymore and I get this .xsession-error[1]. However
I can log in using some KDE Plasma Desktop Failsafe session kdm shows (after
the crash I switched to kdm... lxdm doesn't show this "special" session). This
failsafe session launch KDE Plasma using the --failsafe option.

  Any idea about what's going on and how can I fix it?

  Thanks in advance.

[1] http://paste.kde.org/121033/

--

Luis Ángel Fernández Fernández