Kmail2/Akonadi issue on FreeBSD.

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Tue Nov 29 06:44:18 GMT 2011

Am 29.11.2011 01:53, schrieb Duncan:
> Chuck Burns posted on Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:38:56 -0600 as excerpted:
>
>> I compiled the kdepim4.7.3 version under FreeBSD 9.0-STABLE, and while
>> everything -seemed- to work just fine, I am finding that is not quite
>> the case.
>
> FWIW, YMMV, etc, but IMO, akonadified kmail isn't ready for widespread
> use yet.  After nearly a decade (since early 2002, kde2 era) on kmail, I
> ended up switching to claws-mail here, and banishing kmail and anything
> else kdepim or akonadi related from my computer!

Hallo Duncan

I read now several times that you had problems with kmail2 and your
mails and filters. I had similar problems about ten years ago and my
solution to this was setting up an imap mail server. With this I do all
my filtering on the server and I am free to use any client I want
- kmail and thunderbird on linux
- thunderbird on windows
- k9mail on android
- native mail program on ipod-touch
- any other imap aware client you can think of

All these clients gets the same filtered mails. Isn't this an option for
you?

Btw: I once tried claws-mail as well, but this program did not fit my
needs. I currently use SOGo as groupware server besides my cyrus imap
server and afaik only thunderbird and kmail2 are able to handle
CalDAV/CardDAV correctly (on Linux). I no longer want to handle
addresses and appointments in different programs separately.

Regards
Martin