A week of KDE4 usage

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Thu May 12 13:20:47 BST 2011

I wrote:

> Whoa, that's it! I had aspell (with aspell-de and aspell-en) and hunspell
> installed (with myspell-de). But myspell-en was missing. I installed it,
> and now it's working! Thanks for the hint. Turns out that I was missing
> 'en' in $LINUGUAS, so it's quite my own fault.
> But still, my test account has no automatic spell checking capability (I
> logged out and in again). And manual checking also works for American
> English, not for German. But as it's only a test account, so I close the
> case :)

One more glitch: What's happening now is that all words that are not German 
are shown as incorrect. Despite English (USA) being selected as default 
language for spell checking in systemsettings and in the composing window's 
settings -> spell check settings. I had to open this dialog and open the 
dropdown list, without selecting anything else than the already selecting 
English (USA), and then all is fine.
But there's a third setting, in Settings -> Configure KMail -> Identities -> 
Edit -> Extras -> Dictionary, and there I had German. When this is set to 
English, too, it's working as expected.

Oh, and when I start typing a message with Kopete, spell checking first 
worked, and suddenly stopped. But this looks like a feature, once you type 
too many incorrect words, spell checking is turned off automatically. 
Although it is still selected in the menu.

This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management:  https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
Archives: http://lists.kde.org/.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.

More information about the kde mailing list