A week of KDE4 usage

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Wed May 11 17:15:11 BST 2011

Duncan writes:

> Alex Schuster posted on Wed, 11 May 2011 13:46:10 +0200 as excerpted:
> > On the test account, it's still not working. I have only the German
> > language to choose there, although American English is enabled in
> > systemsettings.
> You have the dictionaries for both installed, right?  Let's see...
> according to the kdelibs dependencies, USE=spell depends on
> app-text/enchant, which depends on either aspell or hunspell depending on
> /its/ USE flags.  I switched to hunspell some versions ago, and have
> myspell-en as the dictionary used based on my my linguas=en setting.  If
> you have German as well, presumably you'd need either myspell-de or
> myspell-de-alt installed for hunspell, or the parallel aspell and its
> dicts if you have USE=aspell instead of USE=hunspell.  (enchant has a
> third USE flag as well, zemberek, but that's Turkish only, apparently.)

Whoa, that's it! I had aspell (with aspell-de and aspell-en) and hunspell 
installed (with myspell-de). But myspell-en was missing. I installed it, and 
now it's working! Thanks for the hint. Turns out that I was missing 'en' in 
$LINUGUAS, so it's quite my own fault.

But still, my test account has no automatic spell checking capability (I 
logged out and in again). And manual checking also works for American 
English, not for German. But as it's only a test account, so I close the 
case :)

This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management:  https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
Archives: http://lists.kde.org/.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.

More information about the kde mailing list