pager insists on 2x2 layout

Alex Schuster wonko at wonkology.org
Mon May 9 20:51:50 BST 2011

Daniel Barna writes:

> I configured pager to have 4 desktops in 1 row, and assigned the shortcut keys
> Ctrl+Alt+Right/Left to change desktop.
>
> All went nicely, but after each restart/login, the Desktop Switch On-Screen
> Display shows a 2x2 layout, and correspondingly, the above keyboard shortcuts
> only allow to change 1 desktop (because the other two are not left- or right,
> but below these). In the Panel, the desktops are organized 4 in a row.
>
> Is this a known bug? Is there an easy fix for this?

I don't know. But here it's the other way around, sometimes: I have 3x2
desktops, but a few times it happened that when I log in, it is 6x1
layout. Somtimes also the position of the pager was shifted two
positions to the left. I did  not care too much about it, and undid the
changes. But it makes me wonder how much other stuff might get changed
that I don't notice directly.

	Wonko