Making new folder in kmail?

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon May 9 04:56:13 BST 2011

On Sunday, May 08, 2011 11:53:11 PM Duncan did opine:

> gene heskett posted on Sun, 08 May 2011 21:04:07 -0400 as excerpted:
> >> 2) The way kmail displays the tree can be a bit confusing.  "Local
> >> folders" and "Searches" (along with presumably, "Remote folders" or
> >> something similar for IMAP) are displayed as top-level folders, when
> >> they're really not folders at all, but categories.  Obviously, you
> >> can't create a folder at /that/ level, since by definition, it'll be
> >> either a local folder, a remote (IMAP) folder, or a saved search that
> >> appears as a folder under searches.
> >
> > When I click on Local Folders, the 'Folder' menu is all greyed out.
> > To enable the foilder menu, I have to click on something else, like
> > the inbox, but for the last 2 days it had been insisting on making
> > the heekscad folder in the inbox.  But just to make me a liar, it
> > just worked exactly like I wanted it to just this instant.
>
> Hmm... That would be a (minor) UI bug (but see previous about the
> likelihood of such being fixed ATM) that I see here too, now that you
> point it out.  However, there's a different way, and that's what I
> intuitively used, not even thinking about the main folder menu.
>
> If instead of the top menu you use the context-menu, context-clicking on
> the parent folder (including Local Folders) you want to create a new
> folder in...
>
> The new folder option should be active and allow you to create the
> folder as desired. =:^)
>
> As I said, that's what I intuitively used trying to duplicate your
> issue, but I didn't see it, since I was using a different menu and
> didn't get that minor UI bug.

The important thing is that I did get it done before I get active on that
list.  And I still don't know what I did differently this time.  One of
those things that make you go hmmmm I guess. :)

Thanks Duncan.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)