kwin performance gets worse and worse with every release

Kim Leyendecker kimleyendecker at hotmail.de
Wed Jun 29 20:47:56 BST 2011

Am 29.06.2011 15:19, schrieb Nikos Chantziaras:
> There are no effects (minimizing, present windows, etc) with compositing
> turned off, so there can be no comparison.
>
> Moving windows around is fast and smooth in both cases.  It's
> compositing animations that have become very slow.  When I enable the
> Show FPS effect, the FPS goes down to 40 when I trigger an animation.

I havenĀ“t read the whole thread yet, but from my recent point of
knowledge, I would encourage you to have a look at the driver you use
for your hardware. Check them and please post it here, maybe this helps.

thanks

PS: Do you really want KWin, or could you also accept another window
manager like sawfish? This could be a slim alternative.

--
Kim Leyendecker (kdl at k-dl.de.vu)
openSUSE Ambassador, openSUSE Wiki Team DE