Running dolphin from a shell script and opening it in a specific directory.

John Woodhouse a_johnlonger at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 09:38:01 BST 2011

Thanks folks. As usual I haven't been here before but it looks like I have found
a solution to my nas problems but there are complications.

One aspect - the script will be run via a desktop icon which I assume means a
.desktop file to activate it running in the console. That means the shell will
flash up briefly which is rather untidy. Maybe there is no need to use run in
console?. But I wondered if there was a run in console option to stop it from
displaying. I vaguely recollect some mention of achieving that on 3.x

And yes there are some bash incantations in it by necessity.

John
PS Duncan I do believe my xorg.conf is indented. The forum posts removed the
indentations. It would be rather unusual for me not to do it that way. I should
have use the code option in the post.