Running dolphin from a shell script and opening it in a specific directory.

phanisvara das listmail at phanisvara.com
Thu Jun 2 07:52:24 BST 2011

On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 11:56:06 +0530, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan at cox.net> wrote:

>> Also be interested in any example type web pages on this subject and
>> more info on the general aspects of scripting KDE. This script must run
>> from the bash shell.
>The other subthread already dealt with dbus, to the extent I know about
> it, anyway, so I've nothing to add there.

yes, this one has already been mentioned, but just to make sure it didn't go unnoticed: with "qdbusviewer" from the command line one can find _a lot_ of dbus commands and functions that can be called from the command line, allowing many things that aren't available from "<command> --help".

--
phani.