Superkaramba Was: A beginning programmer

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Jul 14 11:42:36 BST 2011

Steven Friedrich posted on Wed, 13 Jul 2011 21:38:31 -0400 as excerpted:

>> Talking about superkaramba...

> I haven't read your entire email yet, but I will and will respond.  Just
> wanted to give you a quick reply so you know it works in plasma.

Thanks.

I'm mainly frustrated because there appears to be a disconnect between
what plasma wants and what superkaramba wants, despite the documentation
saying that shouldn't be the case.

And if *.skz files are required for plasma, as I strongly suspect,
where's the documentation explaining how to turn the .theme and related
files into one?

> The Help system is missing the Superkaramba manual, though it does have
> a link for it.

Yes.  I noticed that, too.

> I run KDE on FreeBSD.

FreeBSD perspective! =:^)

I'd appreciate you taking a look at those superkaramba patches in the
bugs I linked, then.  While again I don't claim to be a coder, the code
was remarkably easy to follow from an experienced ~arch gentoo sysadmin
viewpoint as well, and I /think/ the one should just work on the BSDs,
too. The other one I just hard-zeroed the values for the BSDs as I had no
clue, so it'll be interesting to see what an update by someone who knows
them looks like. =:^)