lost Desktop

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Jul 13 20:07:31 BST 2011

Alex Schuster posted on Wed, 13 Jul 2011 20:10:22 +0200 as excerpted:

> Jerome Yuzyk writes:
>
>> Yesterday I inadvertently moved my Desktop to the Panel.
>
> Uh, um, how did you do _that_?

Maybe he means a folderview (or other) plasmoid, that was previously on
the desktop, possibly sized to cover enough of it that it seemed to be
the entire desktop?  (It might be that at least the folderview layout is
simply a giant plasmoid, so could be dragged to the panel as well, but I
don't believe the others are, and I don't know about the folderview
layout.)

I know it's possible to drag /plasmoids/ from the desktop (and probably
newspaper, grid, etc, any that can contain plasmoids) layout to a panel,
as I did that deliberately when I was still tweaking the organization of
my desktop.  Now that's somewhat rare as I have it pretty much how I want
it, but I doubt the possibility will go away.

(You well enough answered his question that I have nothing to add, in
that regard.)